Monday, May 7, 2012

Take Me Back.


Take me back to those years that I played in the sand,
I'm growing up to fast and it's a bother to understand.
Give me my careless ways and lack of responsibilities,
now I live in the real world with limited possibilities.
Let me have my favorite toy that kept my day fulfilled with fun.
nowadays the only freedom I have is to run.
Running toward my next class taking my next steps in life,
worrying about the next meal to eat when it use to be rife.
When money wasn't a factor or a need in my day,
back to when parents paid attention to all I had to say.
I realize my childhood was taken for granted now that I know reality,
she takes away every piece of sincerity to let me live unhappily.
Don't take away my memories as a kid,
give them back so at least before you take them they're already hid.
I live my day by day thinking of how easy my life was before I grew,
I just wish someone had told me so at least I had a clue.
I never cherished those moments of purity and joy,
sometimes I wish I can go back to when I was a young boy.

4/18/11
20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment