Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Buzzing Fly.


They invade your space with their buzzing noises of automatic annoyance.
Sending chills from the back of our necks, forearms then our chest.
Coming through the front door to circulate my surroundings.
Looking around at where this fly is at,
I stood without movement waiting for it's next move.
Until it flew, I reacted in violence denouncing it's life that's invading mine.
Not being able to silence the bug,
missing every slap I throw trying to aim for it's death.
I stare straight while the buzz revolves around me.
Agitated for I can never catch this insect that feeds off my actions taunting me with it's wings.
Landing on the floor, table, windows and couches camouflaged as so it seems.
Finally I grabbed the swatter and threw my arms in every direction.
Hoping that somehow the fly will come in contact with me having it ricochet to the ground where it'll die.
I watched it's wings twitch and it's legs squirm running upside down.
I bent down to stare in it's eyes,
as I wouldn't doubt it looked back into mine.
Then it stopped moving.
May pity be felt for these creatures?
Will it's family and friends come and suffocate me with all their buzzing?
Would I feel guilt once I declare my victory?


No, fuck that.
5/11/11
21:52

No comments:

Post a Comment